By Catherine Donohoe, Bridge Board President
NYC’s 2018 International Gift of Life Walk (IGLW) took place on March 25th, Passion Sunday and The Feast of the Annunciation. City onlookers were witness to the great worth and value participants hold for each and every human life as they walked down the Canyon of Heroes.
The event began with a Celebratory Rally and impassioned speeches from the five Grand Pro-Life Hero honorees:
- Rev. Dr. Clenard H. Childress, Director of Life Education and Resource Network (LEARN), the largest African American pro-life network in America,
- Fr. Fidelis Moscinski of the Community of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (CFR);
- Denise Mountenay, Founder and President of Canada Silent No More and a speaker who offers hope and healing to those affected by abortion and pregnancy loss;
- Fr. Stephen Imbarrato, a Pastoral Associate of Priests for Life; and
- Dr. Elizabeth Rex, Co-Founder and President of The Children First Foundation, the sponsor of “Choose Life” License Plates.
Bridge supporters were members of the Steering Committee along with Personhood Education of New York, the organization that founded the Walk in 2017, to increase walk participant numbers from the prior year. Planning began last July and included networking with like-minded organizations around the tri-state area to join the walk. Our supporters walked behind the Bridge banner and a float which was designed and built by volunteers Delvis and Anne Marie Estrada. A special thanks goes out to the Estrada’s as well as Delvis’ cousin, Elvin Ortiz who donated his time as event DJ from Build Beat Entertainment.
We are most grateful to all who came out on that chilly Sunday morning to give witness to the sanctity of life. You will be blessed!